We are a first class property management firm servicing the medical office building community since its formation in 1988. We act on behalf of hospitals, doctor owners, institutions and private investors. Our familiarity with health care facilities enables us to implement solutions that have been tried and proven in other such buildings. Our objective is to provide comprehensive property management and accounting services and in so doing, remove from the owner the worry of day-to-day management issues.
We have an opening for an experienced property accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for full-cycle accounting on a varied portfolio of properties and may have share duty on specific properties with other Property Accountants.
- Updating and maintaining lease administration records used for monthly rent charges, setting up new property and lease records as required
- Monthly rent billing, cash receipts, PAD processing, tenant chargebacks and A/R monitoring
- Input of recurring A/P; input A/P invoices as needed
- Cash management – bank reconciliations, cash flow monitoring and cash flow projections
- Reporting: monthly reporting of financial statements, AR reports, variance analysis
- Adjusting journal entries and accruals
- Work closely with property managers on reports to clients, assist with annual property budgets
- HST filing for each client in your portfolio
- Year end reporting which includes developing working papers and coordinating with property managers and auditors
- Creating / maintaining various non-standard reports and spreadsheets as required by clients, including amortization and straight-line rent schedules
- Maintain proper backup for all entries and filings
- Other duties as they may arise
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Successful candidate must be proficient in the property management / accounting software YARDI Voyager
- work well independently and be willing to pitch in to help others – must be a good team player with excellent attention to detail
- proficient in Excel
- Sound knowledge of GAAP
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- This company can offer long term stability and a place to call “home”. In a fast paced industry, this company is proud to have tenured staff and minimal turnover. It’s a great team environment!
- Fun, interactive office environment
- Work, life balance
Starting at $60k to commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.